About the Intellectual Property Law Section
The Section furthers knowledge of members in the law of patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyright; licensing, technology, privacy, entertainment, and sports. The Section was organized in 1976
- Publications: New Matter, a quarterly journal free to members.
- MCLE events and programs - The section offers educational programs and several conferences throughout the year covering current issues in protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights, new developments in intellectual property law, and law office management and ethical problems relating to intellectual property practice. For details on upcoming events, watch this website; also, see The State Bar of California MCLE Programs.
- Intellectual Property Institute -- The Institute is a two-day program held annually in the fall focusing on areas of interest to the Intellectual Property practitioner.
- Other Programs -- We also participate in other major State Bar events, including the Annual Meeting of The State Bar.
- Executive Committee
- Interest Groups:
- Entertainment and Sports
- In-House Counsel
- Technology, internet, and Privacy Law
- Trade Secrets
- If you would like to join...
Intellectual Property Law Section
The State Bar of California
180 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94105-1639